Professional Women of McLean County is entrusted with the selection process for the Virginia Mosbacher Endowed Scholarship at the Illinois Prairie Community Foundation.
This scholarship is awarded to a female applicant pursuing a 2-year educational program at Heartland Community College or Lincoln College – Normal.
In order to qualify for scholarship funds you must:
- Live or work in McLean County
- Actively pursuing a 2-year educational program within the Bloomington/Normal community or surrounding area
- Demonstrate active involvement within the McLean County area
- Submit the following application, in full as well as a professional letter of recommendation.
- To be considered for scholarship funds, both your application and letter of recommendation must be submitted by April 15, 2019.
- Applicant may be a member of Professional Women of McLean County. Membership in the organization does not have an impact on the decision of scholarship awards.
- Applicant may not be a currently serving member of the Professional Women of McLean County (PWMC) Board of Directors, as to not cause a conflict of interest.
If chosen as a scholarship recipient, we will email you and send you a letter in postal mail around June 1. We will require proof of enrollment, your student ID and contact information for the financial aid department within your educational institution.
If chosen for an award, we kindly ask your presence at our annual fundraiser on the evening of July 25, 2019. Scholarship awardees will be granted 2 complimentary tickets to attend this event.
Applications are available for these funds March 1 through April 15 each year. The scholarship application must be submitted before end of day on April 15, 2019 to be considered. Letters of recommendation should be submitted through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail Attn: PWMC, Inc, P.O. Box 5140, Bloomington, IL 61702-5140
Questions should be directed to our board president, Andrea Aggertt by emailing email@example.com. We wish you well on your educational and professional pursuits and look forward to reviewing your scholarship application!