Please note our 2018 scholarship acceptance period has now passed. Watch for the 2019 scholarship opportunities to be available on or around March 1, 2019.
If you’ve submitted a scholarship and have a question please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We will be in touch with all scholarship applicants in mid-May!
Professional Women of McLean County is entrusted with the selection process for the Virginia Mosbacher Endowed Scholarship at the Illinois Prairie Community Foundation.
This scholarship is awarded to a female applicant pursuing a 2-year educational program at Heartland Community College, Lincoln College – Normal, American College of Technology or Bloomington-Normal School of Radiography.
In order to qualify for scholarship funds you must:
- Live or work in McLean County
- Be in active pursuit of a 2-year educational program within the Bloomington/Normal community or surrounding area
- Demonstrate active involvement within the McLean County area
- Submit the following application, in full as well as a professional letter of recommendation submitted on your behalf.
- To be considered for scholarship funds, both your application and letter of recommendation must be submitted by April 15, 2018.
- Applicant may be a member of Professional Women of McLean County, but membership will not have an impact on the decision of scholarship awards.
- Applicant may not be a currently serving member of the PWMC Board of Directors, as to not cause any conflict of interest.
If chosen as a scholarship recipient, you must provide proof of enrollment, along with your student ID. Scholarship funds will be sent directly to your educational institution to be recorded on your student account.
We kindly ask, if chosen, you are available at our fundraising event set for Thursday, July 26, 2018, for presentation of your award. You will receive 2 tickets to this event, free of charge, as a scholarship recipient.
Applications are available for these funds following our February Board meeting each year. The deadline for scholarship application submission is April 15, 2018. Your letter of recommendation can be submitted to us through email firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail Attn: PWMC, Inc, P.O. Box 5140, Bloomington, IL 61702-5140
Any questions can be directed to our board president, Melissa Larson by emailing email@example.com
We wish you well on your educational and professional pursuits and look forward to reviewing your scholarship application!