For immediate release – March 1, 2018
Professional Women of McLean County has established a scholarship fund for women working and/or living in McLean County.
This scholarship will be awarded annually to a female applicant that is pursuing a professional development OR educational pursuit.
In order to qualify for scholarship funds you must:
- Live and/or work in McLean County
- Intend to pursue, or be in active pursuit of further education or professional development focused on your chosen career path.
- Demonstrate active involvement and leadership within McLean County
- Submit the following application, in full, as well as a professional letter of recommendation submitted on your behalf. To be considered for scholarship funds, your application and letter of recommendation are both due no later than April 15, 2018.
- Letter of recommendation can be submitted to us through email firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail Attn: PWMC, Inc, P.O. Box 5140, Bloomington, IL 61702-5140
- Applicants may be members of Professional Women of McLean County, but does not stand as a determining factor in scholarship awards.
- Applicants may not be a currently serving member of the PWMC Board of Directors, as to not cause any conflict of interest
If chosen as a scholarship recipient, you must provide proof of enrollment. In the case of a formal educational institution, PWMC will require your student ID to have the scholarship funds applied directly to your student account. If you will use the scholarship for reimbursement for a class or program, we require proof of enrollment and payment, prior to issuing a check.
We kindly ask, if chosen, you are available at our fundraising event set the evening of Thursday, July 26, 2018, for presentation of your scholarship award. You will receive 2 tickets to this event, free of charge, as a scholarship recipient.
Any questions can be directed to our board president, Melissa Larson by emailing email@example.com
We wish you well on your educational and professional pursuits and look forward to reviewing your scholarship application!